We are very excited to have John Doyle speaking at DrupalGovCon 2020, a free open-source conference hosted on September 24th and 25th. We are very excited that after the crazy year we have had the conference, which is traditionally hosted at The National Institutes of Health, will be moving forward virtually! John Doyle will be presenting with Adam Weingarten for two sessions this year! Details below:
Thursday, September 24th 2020 @1:30pm EDT
Open source is free… so why does it cost me so much to keep my websites running? Why am I spending so much time updating my websites and not enough time using them? How do I consolidate my various websites across technologies and vendors into a single streamlined platform?
Imagine a world where you could manage your updates once and apply them to all of your web properties. A world where you could develop a new crazy awesome feature and immediately utilize it across all of your existing web properties.
In this session we are going to dive into the platform conversation and provide you with the answers to the following questions:
- What is a platform?
- Do I need a platform?
- How do I determine if building a platform is right for my organization?
- Where can I host my platform?
- How do I manage my platform (and does my hosting solution impact this)?
- What are the benefits (and considerations) of using a platform?
- Site owners looking to increase the efficiency of the digital ecosystem
- Architects looking to reduce the complexity of running/supporting multiple websites
- IT teams looking to follow the Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY) principle
When you walk away from this session you should understand:
- If you should consider a platform for your organization.
- Approaches for building a platform.
- Where you can host your platform and how that impacts management.
- Benefits I can achieve by using a platform.
Friday, September 25th @4:30pm EDT
In today’s world, data powers everything from the ads you see in your instagram feed to the suggestions on your Netflix subscription. You probably use data to measure how your site is performing, report on your conversions and inform your decision making on what is and is not working. But why stop there? Why not use this same data to power your CMS?
Imagine a platform that seamlessly integrates your analytical data to supercharge your CMS. This new world opens up possibilities to harness the infinite power of data to make decisions for you, automagically (ok not really, but close!).
While most platforms (such as personalization platforms) focus only on the user-facing parts of your website, we will discuss opportunities to enhance both the customer facing and the internal CMS activities.
In this talk, we will discuss:
- Why would I want to integrate data into our CMS?
- What are some things that we could do with this data?
- How you can integrate Google Analytics data into your CMS.
- Short and Long term benefits of doing this.
Some example use cases on how data could enhance your everyday experience:
- Search Weighting – Push up results in your on-site search experience.
- Content Performance Indicators – Flag content which is underperforming and act on it.
- Page Health – Identify and correlate changes to content with analytical trends.
At the end of this talk you will understand:
- Why a product owner would want to use data to power their CMS
- Common tasks which can be automated with data
- Product Owners interested in using data to enhance their website
- Marketing professionals who are tired of giving analytics reports to their content team on a daily basis
- Architects looking to understand how to incorporate data into a build
- Anyone who runs, works in, or builds a Drupal website
- A basic understanding of the internet and analytics
We look forward to seeing you there!