One of the most valuable pieces of any enterprise web development build is automation. Automation saves time and saves money while helping you deliver a higher quality product.
What is Acquia BLT?
Acquia BLT (Build and Launch Tool) provides an automation layer for testing, building, and launching Drupal 8 applications. BLT was developed to improve efficiencies and collaboration across teams who are working with Drupal 8 in an enterprise website development setting.
What are the goals of Acquia BLT?
At its core, BLT is designed to help streamline the development and deployment processes for enterprise Drupal 8 website builds.
- Provide a standard project template for Drupal based projects
- Provide tools that automate the setup, testing, launching, and maintenance work for projects
- Document and enforce Drupal standards and best practices via default configuration, automated testing, and continuous integration
What are some features of Acquia BLT?
The BLT toolset provides several features that we use on every project. Some of the most popular features are outlined below:
- External GIT Repository – BLT provides a framework where teams can work in their own GIT repository outside of Acquia Cloud. This allows teams to take advantage of tools such as code reviews and advanced GIT workflows.
- Deployment Artifact Generation – BLT provides deployment scripts which take the minimal GIT repo and generate a deployment package which gets pushed to Acquia Cloud.
- CI Tools – BLT provides example integrations with several CI tools and can be extended to support any CI tool that your team may use.
- Automated Testing Scripts – BLT will setup and configure Behat dependencies and scripts for your application. These scripts can integrate into your deployment/CI process to meet the various workflows your team may be using.
Acquia’s BLT Toolset is a must-have tool for any organization working on Enterprise Drupal 8 Website builds on the Acquia Cloud Platform.